Magnificent scenery doesn’t distract attention from high-grade gold at Silver Coin.
Strong assays from a previously unexplored area 550 metres northeast of the Silver Coin deposit indicate a new gold zone on the northwestern British Columbia property, according to the JV partners. With 80% and 20% interests respectively, Jayden Resources TSXV:JDN and Mountain Boy Minerals TSXV:MTB announced the discovery from a recently completed 14-hole, 2,226-metre program.
Highlights from five holes released November 28 include:
- - 8.08 g/t gold and 4.7 g/t silver over 2 metres, starting at 94.03 metres in downhole depth
- - (including 13.7 g/t gold and 5.91 g/t silver over 1 metre)
- - 5.12 g/t gold and 91.3 g/t silver over 3 metres, starting at 35 metres
- - 5.38 g/t gold and 17.07 g/t silver over 7.3 metres, starting at 146.2 metres
- - (including 6.21 g/t gold and 12.06 g/t silver over 5.37 metres)
- - (and including 15.5 g/t gold and 17.1 g/t silver over 1 metre)
- - (and including 10.7 g/t gold and 18 g/t silver over 0.5 metres)
- - 5.9 g/t gold and 45.32 g/t silver over 1.8 metres, starting at 103.6 metres
- - (including 8.62 g/t gold and 42.6 g/t silver over 0.8 metres)
- - 14.6 g/t gold and 52.5 g/t silver over 1 metre, starting at 131.2 metres
- - 8.63 g/t gold and 11.99 g/t silver over 7.72 metres, starting at 16.46 metres
- - (including 17.69 g/t gold and 23 g/t silver over 3.2 metres)
- - 4.86 g/t gold and 5.68 g/t silver over 2.5 metres, starting at 77.82 metres
- - (including 6.46 g/t gold and 6.22 g/t silver over 1.5 metres)
- - 8.25 g/t gold over 1 metre, starting at 88.97 metres
True widths were estimated between 60% and 80%. More assays are pending.
As for the main Silver Coin deposit, using a 2 g/t gold cutoff its 2013 resource shows an inferred category of 967,000 tonnes averaging 4.39 g/t gold, 18.98 g/t silver, 0.64% zinc, 0.25% lead and 0.04% copper.
The 1,470-hectare property hosts a zone of faulting and shearing with mineralization up to 300 metres wide and 2.5 kilometres long, the JV partners stated. They consider Silver Coin to share many characteristics with the former Silbak-Premier mine five kilometres south, which produced an estimated 1.8 million ounces gold, 41 million ounces silver, 4.2 million pounds copper, 62 million pounds lead and 20 million pounds zinc.
Meanwhile Mountain Boy has been reporting high grades and visible gold from another Golden Triangle drill campaign, as the company’s 35%-held Red Cliff project advances towards its maiden resource.
A drill program on two contiguous Golden Triangle properties, Mountain Boy’s 100%-held BA and Surprise Creek silver-base metals projects, awaits analysis of results from an airborne VTEM and magnetic survey.
Having closed a $586,400 private placement in September, the company offered a $300,000 private placement last month.